Date and place
- May 30th, 1796 at Borghetto, near Valeggio sul Mincio, 25 kilometers southwest of Verona [nowadays Province of Verona, Italy].
- French army (27,000 to 28,000 men) under General Napoleon Bonaparte.
- Austrian army (6,000 to 18,000 men according to various sources) under General Johann von Beaulieu.
Casualties and losses
- French army: 500 men (killed or wounded).
- Austrian army: 600 men (killed, wounded or prisoners), 4 cannons.
"The Battle of Borghetto" (detail). Engraving.
The battle took place at the location called Borghetto , on both banks of river Mincio, down below the castle of Valeggio .